Happy Saturday, everyone! I feel like this is the first time I have been able to relax all week. Fixing up a new home has been more work than I ever imagined. I am so thankful for my husband and the way he stays positive throughout the whole process.
We have a lot to do today, but this morning I spent some time focusing on myself by making healthy pancakes, drinking coffee, and opening the windows to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weather we are finally having.
I LOVE pancakes. I have since I was little. My mom always made them in the shape of Mickey Mouse. The only thing I don’t enjoy is the painfully full feeling once I am finished eating. I have been super into healthy eating for some years now and decided to make an almond butter protein version of my favorite comfort meal. This was SO easy because I have a protein mix called BIRCH BENDERS (just add water) pancake mix. It has 16 grams of protein and only 180 calories per serving. SCORE! These are filling, but don’t make you so full that you can’t move.
I love this mix so much! I would absolutely recommend it. I bought mine at Whole Foods.
This recipe serves 1 person.
For the pancakes:
- 1/2 cup of Birch Benders pancake mix
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBSP of water
- 1 TBSP almond butter (creamy-I used Trader Joe’s version because it mixes so well)
For the topping:
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP cacao nibs
- Place a pan on the stove over a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, mix together pancake mix, water, and almond butter until smooth.
- Once the pan is hot, spray with cooking spray.
- Take 1/4 cup of mix and place into the pan. Cook until the top bubbles slightly and flip. Cook side two until slightly brown.
- Repeat step 4 until you have 3 pancakes.
- Assemble pancakes on a plate and drizzle with almond butter, honey, and top with cacao nibs.
- Dig in!!
This was SO tasty and easy to make!! I enjoyed mine with two cups of dark roast coffee!
Isn’t it beautiful?!?! Haha! Also, how pretty are my flowers? My sweet nephews and niece sent them to me for my birthday! I love them so much!
I hope you guys get a chance to try these pancakes. Now I am off to have a little run outside, then work on the house before my family comes over tonight! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!!