Hi there, everyone! I’ve been MIA somewhat this week. I have been dealing with a back injury and it has had me down. I finally went to the doctor and was put on medicine.
I have been trying to rest my body as much as possible, along with some light yoga, ice, and heat. I’m slowly getting better!
My friend came over the other day to hang out and cook.
I did minimal moving due to my pain.
PITA POCKET CHICKEN MELT
For the pita:
- Pita pockets (we used whole wheat)
- Rotisserie chicken
- Cheese slices or shredded cheese
- Any seasonings you like
For the dressing:
- Plain greek yogurt
- Cilantro paste
- Lime juice
- Salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- Stuff your pita pocket with chicken, cheese, and seasonings.
- Spray both sides of pita with cooking spray.
- Place pita in a George Forman grill (or in a pan on medium heat)
- Meanwhile, make your sauce by mixing yogurt, lime juice, cilantro paste, and seasonings (we did this to taste so just add as you need)
- Remove from foreman grill or stove, top with greek yogurt dressing and enjoy!
Simple and tasty!!
I hope you enjoy the recipe and have a wonderful rest of your day!