Hello there, everyone! How are you today?! Since yesterday was a holiday, I spent the day seeing so many of my loved ones. It started at my grandma’s house. That lovely woman is 94 years old and still gets around like a rockstar! She loves showing me old pictures and I found one of me and my dad.
I miss him so much.
After that, I went to my mom’s place for swimming and pizza. My brother and his wife came, as well as my best friend, her husband and 2 little ones. We had a blast! My husband was working, so that’s all that was missing.
The pizza my mom and I shared. Spinozas makes the BEST pizza! This is a margarita on whole wheat crust. YUM!!!
Anyway, I want this week to be full of easy, tasty dinners. Using the crockpot is my favorite! My mother in law has makes a delicious bean soup, but I limit myself because it isn’t healthy. I decided to try a healthy version (which my husband wasn’t too happy about), and it turned out darn good! I hope you guys enjoy!
- One pound of ground turkey sausage (rolled sausage for original version)
- One turkey kielbasa sausage, sliced (or regular kielbasa for original version)
- One can of butter beans, drained
- One can of wax beans, drained
- One can of black beans, drained
- One can of northern or navy beans, drained
- One can of green beans, drained
- One can of itailian beans, drained
- One can of baked beans (for original version, use a large can)
- 1/2 cup of splenda brown sugar (1 cup of regular for original version)
- Add everything except brown sugar and baked beans to the crockpot
- Give one quick stir (over stirring will make it too mushy)
- Top with baked beans and brown sugar
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours
This is such and easy and tasty meal! We had tons of leftovers!!
I hope you enjoy! Have a great day!