Good morning, friends! How is your week treating you so far? It is another beautiful morning at the lake and I honestly had to check what day it was. That’s what vacation is all about. I just wanted to give you all a little update with what we have been doing, and share how I keep myself healthy here.
Yesterday, I went tubing with my sister in law and mother in law.
It takes some arm strength to stay on those things, let me tell you!
Later in the day, we went to “party island” and hung out in the water (it’s shallow), played games, and layed out on the boat.
All of the girls!
It was a fun day!
Now, I know how hard it is to stay healthy on vacation, but I have managed to do pretty well! Here are my tips!
- If you are drinking, use low calorie mixers. I have been using crystal light, low calorie juices, and Zevia.
- Use what you have available to squeeze in a workout. I have been running around the lake daily, but you can do some lunges, squats, pushups, etc. to stay on track.
- Have healthy snacks available. Fruit, vegetables, granola bars, etc.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you make some bad choices. It’s vacation! Just move on and do your best to get back on track.
- If you go out to eat be careful of portion sizes. When we went out to eat everyone was getting huge meals, appetizers and drinks. I got a side salad to start, then a bison burger with no bun, and a side of fruit. I felt great after and it was delicious!
What are some tips you have?
Enjoy the rest of your week!!