Hi there, all!! We are passed hump day and almost to the weekend! Do you have any fun plans? My brother and I are doing the amazing charity race (a play off of the show the Amazing Race). I’m not sure exaxtly what to expect, but it should be fun! I haven’t seen him in a long time so I’m excited about that!
So, as I was scrolling through Pinterest the other day, I saw this delightful looking recipe: ice cream bread. Um, what!?! It looked so tasty, and I though that maybe I could make a healthy version. I read somewhere not to use low fat or fat free ice cream, but I figured I would try it anyway. Well, lucky for me and all you healthy folks out there, that person was WRONG! I used Red Velvet Halo Top ice cream and it turned out perfect!! It definitely is a very subtle sweetness, but for me, I loved that! I added some honey to top mine off, but it would be even better with a scoop of ice cream on the side. YUM!!!
The original recipe calls for a pint of ice cream and self rising flour. I didn’t have self rising flour, but thanks to Google, I learned that baking powder and flour (I used white whole wheat) make it self rising. I love taking recipes and putting a healthy spin on them! This was SO easy and I hope you love it!
- 1 pint of halo top ice cream (I used red velvet)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a bread pan with cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray) and set aside
- Mix dry ingredients
- Thoroughly mix ice cream with dry ingredients
- Pour batter into bread pan
- Bake 35 minutes
- Remove from oven and enjoy plain, topped with honey, or serve with ice cream
It was hard to stop eating!
I hope you enjoy!!! Have an awesome day!