Good morning, friends!! How is your week going? I was whooped from work yesterday, so I came home and fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to my husband calling and telling me that he was on his way home. I had originally planned on having my kitchen cleaned and dinner ready, but luckily dinner was made quickly and I had enough energy to clean after (thanks to my nap).
Speaking of dinner, last night’s was quick and easy, but oh so tasty! We have tacos pretty often, but this week instead of using beef, I made ours with the left over rotisserie chicken we had. The best part to me was the creamy dressing I made to go with it. I can’t wait to share it with you!! I didn’t take a picture of the dressing, unfortunately! I’m pretty bummed about that.
For the tacos:
- Rotisserie chicken pulled into strips (I don’t have an amount because I just used our left overs)
- 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning (or make your own, I decided to be lazy)
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Salsa (I used black bean and corn)
- Shredded cheese
- Cilantro Ranch Avocado Dressing
- Any other taco toppings you like (I added fried plantain)
For the cilantro ranch and avacado dressing:
- One container of plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 packet of ranch seasoning
- 1 TBSP of cilantro paste
- 1 tsp of garlic in olive oil
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1 splash of milk (for thinning out your dressing. I used unsweetened almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pull rotisserie chicken off the bone into small strips
- Place chicken into a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through
- Meanwhile, spray your tortillas with cooking spray, and place on the bottom of a muffin tinIt should look something like this
- Bake tortillas for 12 to 15 minutes
- Once chicken is warm, add in the taco seasoning packet and a little water. Stir.
- Let the chicken simmer on low until tortillas are finished baking
- Next, prepare your dressing by mashing the avocado and mixing with yogurt, ranch packet, cilantro paste, garlic, and milk. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Once tortillas are done, remove from oven and top with chicken, cilantro ranch & avacado dressing, lettuce, salsa, cheese, and other toppings of choice.
- Serve and enjoy! I had mine with a glass of Raspberry wine
I typically have the plantain on the side, but my husband puts them on his tacos so i decided to try. Um…YUM!!!! I could eat plantain every day. 😉
After dinner, we watched Get Out and I was a huge chicken. It was really good, but I was scared haha. I can’t do scary movies like I used to. What about you guys?
Well, I hope you guys enjoy the recipe and have an awesome rest of your day! It is our kindergartener’s graduation today so here’s hoping the singing on the stage isn’t a disaster. 😊