Happy Friday, everyone! We made it!! My students have their APE (adapted physical education) track meet today, then once that is over it is the school talent show. So cute. Should be a fun day! Next week we have four days and it will officially be summer break! I am SO excited!!
Do you guys have any fun weekend plans? My husband, Brad, and I are going to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean tonight. The rest of the weekend will be spent working on our house, and grilling out. I miss the pool at our apartment (it would be opening weekend), but I sure do love being a home owner!
Last night I wanted some comfort food. Brad and I both love tuna noodle casserole and I saw a recipe to throw it together in my Pampered Chef Rockcrock. I decided to adapt the recipe to make it healthier, but I promise it doesn’t take away from the taste!!
- 8 ounces of whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1 can of peas, drained
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 TBSP of garlic in olive oil
- 1/4 cup to 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 container of plain greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix pasta and chicken broth in the Rockcrock and microwave 8 to 10 minutes (stopping once to stir)
- While that is cooking, mix all other ingredients in a large bowl
- Once pasta is cooked, take it out of the microwave and either drain liquid or leave it in (depending on how thick you want the casserole. I left it in).
- Mix all ingredients in the Rockcrock and microwave for about 6 to 7 minutes
- Remove and enjoy! We ate ours with toast!
Simple. Tasy. Healthy.
If you don’t have a Rockcrock, just make your pasta, then mix it all in a baking dish! Then bake at 350 degrees F until heated through!!
Enjoy and have an awesome day! Talk to you guys soon!