Good morning, everyone! I was woken up WAY too early today. My husband’s phone went off at 6am and I just could not go back to sleep. Oh well! At least I get to sit around for a while. That is the best part of Saturdays for me. Coffee, fun breakfasts, and laying around with my husband. Do you guys have any fun weekend plans? Today we are painting our bedroom, then we talked about going for a jog to the park by our house and playing some basketball. I love getting weekend workouts in with my husband, especially when we have some friendly competition.
I have so much to look forward to that I just have to share.
- 9 days left with the kiddos and then it will be summer break! WHOO HOO! I truly will miss the kids, but I have to be honest and say that I am ready for summer.
- My trip to Nashville! My co-worker and I are taking a mini, end of the year, Nashville trip to visit my cousin. I CAN’T WAIT. I am a country music lover, and am so excited to explore the city more. If you have any suggestions of what to do there, I am open to ideas!
- Gun Lake! My husband’s family has a huge lake vacation in Michigan and we always have a BLAST! Boating, drinking, games, family, friends and so much laughter happen there and I am so ready!
- Outer Banks, North Carolina! This is my family’s summer vacation every year and I must say it is one of my favorite places to be. We have so many irreplaceable memories there. My dad looked so forward to planning this every year, and he always did the best job. After he passed in 2012, we scattered his ashes along the beach. My husband proposed to me on the beach as well. Part of my soul is there.
Okay, so back to the reason you are here: Breakfast! I eat a lot of yogurt because it is filling and you can do so much with it. Having it plain is fine, but boring, so I came up with this delicious, filling parfait to fuel your morning. The parfait itself is so simple! The only thing that takes some prep is the cookie balls (but they are worth it)!!
The cookie balls are made from the same recipe as my cookie cups, just prepared a little differently.
For the parfait:
- One container of Oikos triple zero coffee flavored greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp of almonds
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 3 chocolate peanut butter protein balls
For the protein balls:
- 1 scoop of chocolate peanut butter protein powder (I used idealshake)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp of dark chocolate chips
To cook the protein balls:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl
- Form little balls with your hands and place on a baking sheet with cooking oil
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and they will be ready to add to your parfait
- Place yogurt, almonds, and chia seeds in a small bowl or jar and mix together
- Top with protein balls
- Add anything else you desire
- Enjoy with a cup (or 2) of coffee!
This was such a great breakfast to start my day! I hope you all enjoy as much as I did. I am having trouble staying away from the rest of the cookie balls. Must resist!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend! I am off to read some of your blogs, then spend time with my hubby and get house work done.
Talk to you all soon!