Hi, everyone and happy Thursday! We are almost to the weekend and I am certainly ready! I took today off work due to my flu bug, along with my horrible chest congestion and sore throat I have been having. Sometimes I feel like I go overboard on the over the counter medicine when I get sick, so I wanted to try something different today. I have recently been getting into Young Living Essential Oils due to the wonderful benefits (apparently these can be used for practically EVERYTHING). My friend had a party and I learned quite a bit, but I definitely have a lot more to learn. This morning, my sore throat was extremely painful. It hurt to swallow, and on top of that my chest congestion was quite bad as well. I almost instinctively grabbed one of my many over the counter meds, but decided to make a tea first. This tea has a mixture of oils and apple cider vinegar. Now I know how terrible ACV can taste, but honestly, it wasn’t too bad in this!!
After drinking this, my cough was SO productive and my sore throat is soothed. Now as a disclaimer, I have to say that although it worked for me, it might now work for you!! Always consult with a medical professional.
I was shocked at how quickly this gave me relief. I hope this helps someone out there who feels as bad as I did!
- 1 honey lemon tea bag (I used Lipton)
- 1 TBSP of honey
- 1 TBSP of organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 drops of copabia oil (according to oil sheet, this oil supports the immune system)
- 2 drops of lemon oil (according to oil sheet, this oil promotes energy, I also just like the taste)
- 2 drops of thieves oil (according to oil sheet, this oil aids a healthy immune system and supports healthy lung function)
- 2 drops of RC oil (this literally stands for “respiratory congestion”)
- Steep tea bag in 8-10 ounces of water.
- Mix honey, ACV, all oils and stir well.
- Drink until gone and enjoy the benefits!
This tea is a recipe I will continue to use. It worked WONDERS for me!
Have an awesome rest of your day and stay well!