Happy hump day, everyone! I hope the week is going well!! I am currently writing this from Urgent Care. 😷 I’ve had an illness working on me since Saturday, but today I hit my breaking point. I left work and here I am.
Even though I haven’t been feeling well, I have been craving a big bowl of overnight oats. I was able to prepare this last night and enjoy it this morning before I had a fever. Now the only thing that sounds good is sleep and sweats!
I made these oats to include my favorite things: coffee, almond butter, chocolate, and a few other tasty additions! I also went a little crazy with toppings, but we all go a little crazy sometimes, right?
*Note: The overnight oats were runny before I put it them in the fridge, but had a perfect consistency when I pulled them out this morning. Feel free to add more oats for a thicker bowl.*
Serves: 1 to 2 (I ate them all to myself).
- 1/2 to 1 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of chilled coffee
- 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup of almond milk (or any milk you like)
- 1 to 2 TBSP of almond butter
- 1 TBSP of chia seeds
- 1 TBSP of cocoa powder or PB2 (I used hershey’s special dark chocolate cocoa powder)
- 1 to 2 TBSP of truvia
- Toppings (I used whole almonds, bear naked cocoa cashew butter granola, sliced bananas, and thai toasted coconut chips). You could also drizzle extra almond butter over the top!
- Take 1/4 cup of brewed coffee and place in the fridge (I just chilled a cup from my keurig before assembling the bowl).
- Mix oats, yogurt, almond milk, almond butter (melt for a few seconds if too firm to mix), chia seeds, cocoa powder, and trivia in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Take 1/4 cup of coffee and mix into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl and place in fridge overnight.
- Once you are ready to eat, take the bowl out of the fridge, stir, then assemble toppings as you like!!
Below are my before and after topping pictures!!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and have a great rest of your week!!