Hi there, everyone! I posted this recipe before, but I realized it got deleted. This is one of my favorites, so I wanted to re-post it for you all!
Can you tell by the pictures which one is mine? Haha.
Every year, we go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina with my family. My favorite restaurant there is a small little place on a pier, and they make my FAVORITE salad. Eating this while watching the sun go down over the water just might be the best thing ever.
I made this to serve one, but it would be simple to double or triple.
For the salad:
- One flatout bread or tortilla
- One grilled chicken breast (marinated in lime dressing)
- Enough lettuce to fill salad bowl
- About 3 TBSP black beans
- 1/4 cup of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 to 3 TBSP shredded cheese
- 2 to 3 TBSP sliced almonds
For the lime dressing: (double if you are marinating your chicken breast in the dressing)
- 3 TBSP of olive oil
- 2 TBSP of lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Place your chicken breast in half of the salad dressing to marinade (this can be done earlier in the day and placed in the fridge until ready to cook)
- Take your flatout bread or tortilla and place around an oven safe bowl (make sure it is sprayed with cooking oil) and place on a baking sheet
- Place tortilla bowl in the oven for about 12-15 minutes (until it is firm enough to hold the salad)
- While the tortilla bowl is cooking, cut chicken into pieces and cook in a frying pan until no longer pink
- Once the bowl is ready, place on a plate and start assembling your salad by adding the lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, shredded cheese, sliced almonds, and grilled chicken
- Toss with dressing
- Dig in!!
I hope this recipe helps with your Monday blues!
Have a great rest of your day!!