Happy Sunday everyone!! I hope your weekend has been refreshing and you are ready for another week. We close on our house this Tuesday, so we have some busy times ahead. I am taking every second I can to relax and try not to stress over the move. This weekend has been pretty great. Yesterday my husband and I slept in, went to the gym together, went to look at furniture for our new house, and ended the night by seeing Logan at the dinner movie theater. It was awesome. This morning, my body woke me up way too early. I have already had three cups of coffee. I guess losing an hour of sleep is messing with me a bit. After I had enough coffee to wake me up, I decided to make a big breakfast. It was SO tasty and I ate every bite of it. I hope you enjoy this recipe for a healthy, savory breakfast pizza as much as I did.
- 1 flatout bread
- 1/2 a medium to small sweet potato
- 1 egg, 1 egg white
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
- A small amount of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 an avocado (sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- any additional toppings you may want (I added hot sauce and fresh cilantro)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place flatout bread on it
- Prepare your sweet potato by chopping it into small cubes. Then, add 1 TBSP of coconut oil to a frying pan and add sweet potato. Keep the heat to medium/high, stirring occasionally throughout until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once your sweet potato has had a few minutes to cook, place your baking sheet with flatout bread in the oven for about 7 minutes (once that time is up, you will sprinkle the cheese over it and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes).
- While your flatbread is in the oven, you can prepare the rest of your toppings. Scramble 1 egg and 1 egg white into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Once the flatout bread has about 2 minutes left, cook the eggs in a frying pan.
- Cook your turkey bacon according to package (I microwaved mine), then chop into pieces.
- Take your avocado and slice a few pieces.
- Once you take your flatbread out of the oven, you can assemble your pizza. Start by topping it with the eggs, then the turkey bacon, avocado slices, and half of the sweet potatoes. I ate the rest of the potatoes on the side (just like home fries). Top with any additional toppings you like. I added fresh cilantro and Frank’s hot sauce to mine.
This breakfast was AWESOME and I will definitely be making it again! I ate the whole thing because I was starving, but I am sure you could feed at least 2 people with it.
After my food coma, I spent some time with my sweet cats, Maverick and Goose (yes they are named after Top Gun characters), and my hubby.
The rest of the day will be spent cleaning and grocery shopping while my husband fixes my car! Then, I get to have dinner with some girlfriends before enjoying the Walking Dead with my hubs.
Have a great rest of your day and I sure do hope you try this recipe! It is worth it, I promise!